Old 03-10-2013, 10:45 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default OT beds

In article ,
On 2013-10-03 09:39:45 +0100, Martin said:

Our bed is 7x7 so we have plenty of individual space and
neither of us will *ever* forget the 3 or 4 days we spent with friends
whose spare room contained a 4' bed for the two of us! It really was a
case of synchronised breathing and turning!

One of the problems with renting holiday cottages is the awful beds.
Some owners use them as a last resting place for their old beds.

I don't know if it's just a British habit to do that but friends have
told us of some horrendous encounters with tatty furniture,
uncomfortable beds, washing machines that don't etc. Everywhere we
stayed in NZ was, without exception, comfortable, beautifully furnished
and with superb breakfasts. Their b&b association does a great job.

You should adapt to the location you are visiting. I used to carry
a complete household toolkit when on holiday in rural areas, and
usually had to fix quite a few completely broken items. My most
common job was attaching the toilet to the floor :-)

Regards,
Nick Maclaren.