Old 03-10-2013, 06:13 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
David Hill David Hill is offline

Default OT beds

On 03/10/2013 12:23, News wrote:
On 01/10/2013 09:40, David Hill wrote:
I know that this is totally off topic but thinking about how many
gardeners have back problems I thought I'd ask my question here.
It's time for me to change my mattress and my back is giving me a lot of
problems.
I'm wondering about a Memory foam mattress, but I don't know anyone who
has one.
Are they as good as the advertising says, or is it just hype.

We're on our second memory foam mattress now. The first one was great
while it lasted, but after 6 years, it started to lose shape (dips
staying where the body usually lays. I think it was the undelying
non-memory foam substructure that was failing, but it could have been
partially the memory foam too. I'm pretty sure that is because it was
very cheap (between £200 and £300 istr). It only had a 5 year
guarantee, which probably should have warned me.

That said, I'm not convinced that you always get what you pay for.

The one we have now (for the last year) is from a company called
Ergoflex. We love it so far and I think it has a 10 year guarantee. It
is difficult to see what the major differences between it and Tempur
really are (apart from price and brand name marketing). It is a *lot*
cheaper than Tempur.

The key things to look out for are, I think, the foam density and how it
reacts to body heat.

Had a look at their site and contacted them,
Their mattresses are not covered by any guarantee if the combined weight
of the occupants is over 30 stone, and as we are both around 17 stone
they say the mattresses wouldn't last as long, They could custom make
one for me but it would be in 4 figures,but I could get the cheaper
option and just renew it when it was knackered.
It's no good getting something designed for someone of 10 or 11 stone.
still looking but am grateful for all the ideas so far.
David @ a now rain free side of Swansea bay where there is enough blue
sky to mend a sailors breeches.
Which don't seem to rate memory foam if you move around in your sleep.