Old 06-10-2013, 12:05 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Sacha[_11_] Sacha[_11_] is offline

Default Feeding the bird

About 3 or 4 weeks ago, I put out a bird feeder filled with seed and it
took at least two weeks for it to emply. Recently, worrying that I was
being a bit mean, given the quantity of sparrows we have here, I filled
a squirrel-proof nut feeder with peanuts and one seed feeder. The
peanut feeder (large size) has dropped by about 1" and in 4 days the
seed feeder has been untouched. At least they know normal service has
been resumed! There's a row of about 10 sunflowers up the field which
is probably topping the 'favourite' list at the moment!
--

Sacha
www.hillhousenursery.com