Old 06-10-2013, 10:31 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Bob Hobden Bob Hobden is offline

Default Orchid keikei?

"Sacha" wrote in message ...

Bob Hobden said:

"Sacha" wrote

Is it possible for these Phals to develop from the base of the plant,
right beside the already established leaves which have sprouted,
flowered and died back? It looks to me like a whole new plantlet but
for all I know, it could just be new leaves. It seems to be sending out
new roots, too. What do I do now?!

In my experience they only usually make a new "crown" if the old one is
damaged and even then it's rare, but they do have that facility. What do
you do now? Carry on what you are doing as it obviously appreciates it
and if it grows into a new plant beside the old one then you will need a
bigger pot. :-)

Thanks, Bob. I thought I had to cut it off and fiddle about in a terrifying
manner!

You can if you want to. :-)
--
Regards. Bob Hobden.