Old 06-10-2013, 10:47 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Sacha[_11_] Sacha[_11_] is offline

Default Compost?

On 2013-10-06 17:50:53 +0100, Bolt Upright said:

Last spring I filled my outside plant pots with compost, that bagged up
stuff for a couple of quid per bag.
Nothing spectacular was grown in them.
Will the compost still be okay for next year or should I renew it?
I can't find much on Google about this.
If it will still be okay, do I leave the compost outside in the pots,
or do I put it in a container and store in the garage?

Thanks

It's unlikely to come to any harm left outside but it will need some
beefing up for next year's plants before you plant up again. Empty all
your compost into a wheelbarrow, throw half of it onto the garden, mix
the remaining half up with some new compost, homegrown, or bought and
re-fill your containers. Do not be tempted to plant any bedding or
anything else into containers until all danger of frost is gone.
--

Sacha
www.hillhousenursery.com