Old 07-10-2013, 01:00 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Baz[_3_] Baz[_3_] is offline

Default Moving raspberries and dwarf fruit trees

"Bertie Doe" wrote in
:

Reorganising the fruiting area on the allotment. I need to move one
each of apple, pear, plum and cherry. These are the type that have
been grafted on to dwarf stock. When is the best time to move and will
they need watering in?

I have a couple of dozen raspberries, both summer fruiting and ever
bearing. When is the safest time for these to be moved please. Thanks
in anticipation. Location E.Cornwall, 8 miles inland, 500' amsl, East
facing.

The best time is when they are dormant. When the leaves(leafs?) have
dropped in autumn.
Some blood, fish and bone in the hole too. I think it is a good idea to
water them in, after firming the soil, it helps compact the soil so the
winds don't blow them over.
The apple, pear, plum and cherry might need staking after the replant!
(windy conditions again can blow them over)

Hope this helps.
Baz