Old 07-10-2013, 03:10 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Bertie Doe Bertie Doe is offline

Default Moving raspberries and dwarf fruit trees

"Baz" wrote in message ...
/
/The best time is when they are dormant. When the leaves(leafs?) have
/dropped in autumn.
/Some blood, fish and bone in the hole too. I think it is a good idea to
/water them in, after firming the soil, it helps compact the soil so the
/winds don't blow them over.
/The apple, pear, plum and cherry might need staking after the replant!
/(windy conditions again can blow them over)

Fortunately I have a box of BF&B. I knew it would be handy. They're already
staked, so the stakes will move with them to the more sheltered spot.

p.s. David ref recent post. The cherry (sweet variety) was bought in Spring.
The 2010 cherry was killed in the 2010/2011 Winter. A neighbouring allotment
also lost his (morello) grafted cherry. I also lost a 7 year old garden
wisteria that same Winter. Annoying has I had to wait 3 years for the first
flower.