Old 08-10-2013, 09:13 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Stewart Robert Hinsley[_3_] Stewart Robert Hinsley[_3_] is offline

Default What is this shrub?

On 08/10/2013 08:07, Chris Hogg wrote:
On Mon, 7 Oct 2013 18:40:18 +0200, Adders21
wrote:

Hi All,

Attached is an image of a shrub/tree that I have seen growing in some
ones garden.

Any ideas what it could be? As I would like to grow some in ours.

Thank you

|Filename: 2013-10-05 14.47.50.jpg |
|Download: http://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/attachment.php?attachmentid=15863|

I can see a weeping something that's probably a willow,

I was thinking that the weeping something was Ulmus glabra 'Pendula'
(not 'Camperdownii' or Fagus sylvatica 'Pendula', but one can't really
tell from this photograph.

a sycamore,
possibly a small copper beech, ivy on the wall, and a tall screen of
something that I don't recognise being trained over a framework of
bamboos. Which one was it you wanted identifying?

--
Stewart Robert Hinsley