Old 09-10-2013, 01:42 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Baz[_3_] Baz[_3_] is offline

Default Compost?

"Bolt Upright" wrote in
:

Last spring I filled my outside plant pots with compost, that bagged
up stuff for a couple of quid per bag.
Nothing spectacular was grown in them.
Will the compost still be okay for next year or should I renew it?
I can't find much on Google about this.
If it will still be okay, do I leave the compost outside in the pots,
or do I put it in a container and store in the garage?

Thanks

You don't have to google. This group is here to help you, from real
gardeners experiences.
I always put last years compost into my compost heap along with all kitchen
waste(not cooked food or meat), weeds(no seeds) newspapers, cardboard, tea
bags, coffee filters and all the foliage from spent plants, in fact all
garden waste. It lets nature take its course. I don't understand just how
this works.... but it does, and there are posters here who DO understand
how it works.
It all rots down to make the most rich compost over time. Money can't buy
that IMO.

Baz