Old 10-10-2013, 05:13 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Bob Hobden Bob Hobden is offline

Default Orchid keikei?

"Sacha" wrote

, Spider said:

On 06/10/2013 17:15, Sacha wrote:
Is it possible for these Phals to develop from the base of the plant,
right beside the already established leaves which have sprouted,
flowered and died back? It looks to me like a whole new plantlet but
for all I know, it could just be new leaves. It seems to be sending out
new roots, too. What do I do now?!

I've never known it happen, Sacha. Could you post a photograph, Please?

Sorry Spider, I forgot all about this photo. You can see the new young
leaves coming through, though one looks as if it's been chomped already. I
can't get a shot of the roots but it does look like a separate plant.
http://www.flickr.com/photos/9369440...4693/lightbox/

As I suspected it looks like the original crown has been damaged (water on
it over night?) so it's just growing a new one.
--
Regards. Bob Hobden.