Old 11-10-2013, 10:58 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
'Mike'[_4_] 'Mike'[_4_] is offline

Default Never been so scared.

Many thanks for that David, I will inform her. What we usually do is steer
very clear of Wasps and Bees if they turn up. I usually steer her away from
the Wasp or Bee and deal with it myself as they don't affect me.

We had huge swarm of Bees alight on the back of one of the chairs round the
swimming pool as we went through the Panama Canal on our World Cruise. A Bee
Keeper came on board when we got to the other end and dealt with it!

My wife stayed VERY clear! There was plenty more open space available!

Thanks again

Mike

"David Hill" wrote in message ...

On 10/10/2013 17:46, 'Mike' wrote:

Thank your lucky stars that you are alive and able to write what you
have done. Had that been my wife she would be in hospital by now, if
still alive. She is VERY allergic to Wasp stings and as such is on 'A
Wasp sting watch'. People have been known to die through them.

Why hasn't she been given a course of wasp venom desensitization.( Venom
immunotherapy) What I had lasted around 9 months and it worked well for
me, had it over 15 years ago, till then I had to carry adrenalin
injection kit with me right through t the wasp season.
There are are different forms available, some rushed other very long term.
Ask your Dr about it.