Old 15-10-2013, 04:38 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Phil Gurr Phil Gurr is offline

Default First pick of runner beans

"Broadback" wrote in message

snip
Phil
Northern Highlands of Scotland

Here I am in the soft middle lands feeling sorry for the Scots with their
appalling weather! Now I am envious, my runners have long gone and they
are out favourite veg!

Your problem (and that of many others) is that you look at the Met.Office
forecasts and BELIEVE them! We only really get worried when the forecast
is for a good day because that means that the weather will be 'pants' In
general
the forecast is what we had yesterday. On one occassion I queried this with
the Met.Office and their rather fascetious comment was that this allowed
them
to be more accurate! They rarely (very rarely) know what the present weather
is up here - so they can't possibly forecast correctly. And when you hear on
the forecast tonight that our weather today for us has been cold, cloudy and
damp, just bear in mind that I had lunch in the garden today under warm,
blue skies with little fluffy white clouds.