Old 15-10-2013, 07:19 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
rbel[_2_] rbel[_2_] is offline

Default Blow-torching weeds

On Tue, 15 Oct 2013 19:02:48 +0100, Another John
wrote:

A neighbour has asked me to tidy up her garden, which hasn't been looked
at for about a year.

There are lots of weeds (e.g. couch grass) growing up between the
flagstones in the paved areas.

I was going to use Glyphosate, but when I checked on what tools are
available there, I found a weed blowtorch: how effective are these
things, please?

Cheers
John

p.s. Yes, it's the wrong time of year to be dealing with weeds, but
needs must!

Slow but satisfying at the time, however perennials tend to reappear.
--
rbel