Old 16-10-2013, 10:24 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
David Hill David Hill is offline

Default OT Grammer question

On 2013-10-16 19:40:35 +0100, Pam Moore said:

On Wed, 16 Oct 2013 17:25:02 +0100, David Hill
wrote:

Thank you David, for giving me that opportunity! Nah then: wheer
did ah
put me pipe? It wer' round ere some wheer....

J.

As the'd say round here
"It's over by there"

On this side of the Bris'l Channel they'd say "by yerrr", never
"here".

Pam in Bristol

But that's not 'grammar' but 'English as she is spoke'! When my stepson
was working for a local farmer some miles away, his parents drove down
to visit him for the first time. As they were leaving the farmer said
"Now you know where he be to". I'm afraid those delightful and
particularly local forms of our language are fading into obliving,
partly because of television and partly because of people moving around
the country for work reasons. But surely that's dialect, which obeys no
rules at all, rather than grammar?

You're not going to tell me that here in Wales they speak in Di alect?