Old 17-10-2013, 12:05 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Sacha[_11_] Sacha[_11_] is offline

Default OT Parking

On 2013-10-17 10:44:01 +0100, Martin said:

On Wed, 16 Oct 2013 15:43:32 +0100, Sacha
wrote:

snip

Not to mention a near relative, who with the help of the car's built
in CCTV camera reversed into a large post.

Ahem. My daughter has just mentioned doing something very similar in her car!

I was a passenger in the car. I had been told to keep quiet because I
made her nervous.

There you are it was all your fault! I must admit that the other day I
found myself parallel parking for the first time in ages. Mostly I park
in the butcher's car park and walk down into town! But there was a
serously irritating little man on the pavement who kept trying to
direct me "back a bit, forward a bit, left hand down" etc. etc. and at
one point, actually standing behind my car! Eventually, I gunned the
engine, he jumped a mile, got the message and went away! I don't know
what it is about people that induces them to give unasked-for 'help' to
women parking cars, though I've noticed a fair few who stand on
pontoons and do the same to yachts coming into berths!

--

Sacha
www.hillhousenursery.com