Old 18-10-2013, 06:10 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default Potatoes will not cook properly.

On 18/10/2013 16:58, Baz wrote:
My main maincrop, Maris Piper will remain hard no matter how long I boil
them.
I have some other varieties that are OK. but I have loads of Maris Piper.
I don't suppose there is anything I can do about it. It is going to be a
huge waste.

Some people on the allotment are going to store theirs hoping that a bit of
coolness or whatever might sort it.

Should I write them off? Or store them in the unlikely event that this
would fix them.

Cheers
Baz

Try grating them and turning into potato cakes or Rösti. Maybe try them
as hash browns.

Also, what happens if you microwave them (spear with a fork in several
places first!)?

--

Jeff