Old 18-10-2013, 09:56 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
David Hill David Hill is offline

Default OT - sort of

On 18/10/2013 20:29, S Viemeister wrote:
On 10/18/2013 8:17 PM, Phil Gurr wrote:

One of the major problems of living north of Inverness is that the
overnight parcel artics arrive in the city at around 0800 and all
the local carriers leave for their days deliveries at 0730. That is
if your parcel actually comes to Inverness, I have had many parcels
sent to Aberdeen because it's "quite close". I wonder how Londoners
would feel if all their parcels were sent to Exeter - about the same
distance from me as Aberdeen. Have also learnt never to include
the county of Sutherland in the address as all these parcels end
up in Sunderland!

Yes, I've had stuff go via Sunderland, too! They seem to ignore the
postcode.

Reminds me of a delivery I had a few years ago, I phoned to find out
where it had got to as it had been sent 5 days earlier, "Oh! We saw
Nurseries on the address and thought that as it's half term there
wouldn't be anyone there."
Duh!