Old 19-10-2013, 08:49 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default OT - sort of

"Martin" wrote in message
On Fri, 18 Oct 2013 19:57:01 +0100, S Viemeister
wrote:

On 10/16/2013 3:07 PM, S Viemeister wrote:
On 10/15/2013 10:16 PM, Phil Gurr wrote:

Try living here, it takes DHL 3 DAYS to get a parcel to me from
Inverness, but of course that is 41 miles!

I had a pleasant surprise yesterday - TNT delivered an order from
Staples, which I had placed the previous afternoon - and I'm even
farther north than you are!

Well, it was too good to last. Order placed yesterday, email this
morning saying it had left Inverness and was out for delivery. Checked
TNT website after dinner, as box had not yet arrived - instead of
delivery info it said 'call'. I did - agent said the account was marked
'attempted delivery, recipient not at home' (or words to that effect). I
was home ALL DAY.

We've had this problem frequently.

The delivery men are paid for each delivery or attempted delivery.

If I call first thing Monday, I _might_ be able to arrange delivery for
Tuesday...

--

Martin in Zuid Holland

Which is why putting leaving instruction on a parcel is such a good idea, as
that way when they try this they have to pay up if they don't leave it the
first time. I know sometimes there is nowhere to leave stuff safely but if
it can be, it stops them saying they have "Carded" you when in fact they
have been nowhere near and were just trying to save time, and don't think I
am having a go at the drivers, sometimes when I see what they are expected
to do in the time I am amazed how well they cope.

--
Charlie, Gardening in Cornwall
and Lapageria rosea cvs