Old 19-10-2013, 02:59 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Phil Cook Phil Cook is offline

Default OT - sort of

On 19/10/2013 09:14, Martin wrote:

In the days when there were still post offices here, we had a note
pushed through the door saying that it was the third attempt to
deliver and that the packet would be kept at the local post office for
so many days before being returned to sender. When my wife phoned the
post office to complain that we had been in when the note was pushed
through the door and that it was the first note we had seen, a woman
from the post office turned up in the evening in her own time to give
us the two missing notes, but not the packet. Since privatisation of
the mail here things have got a lot worse.

In just a week? Or do you mean the random parcels company that is
being used this time by your supplier. Doh! Forgotted you is Dutchish.

TNT are delaying and losing folks post here in populous areas of
Blighty now. They don't have sorting frames with every delivery point
on them and if they can't get in to a block of flats or there is too
much of it the post is sent to Royal Mail to deliver.
--
Phil Cook