Old 20-10-2013, 10:45 PM posted to rec.gardens.edible
Farm1[_4_] Farm1[_4_] is offline

Default jack frost

"songbird" wrote in message

we've had a few light frosts up until now, but
the weather was trending well above average.

We went to the coast for a few days in one of my husband's geriatric British
sports cars to look at a number of open gardens. Before we went, the
weather forecast for one morning was for 'possible frost'.

I covered my emerging Dahlia bulbs and although they came through and had no
damage, the rest of the garden looks like someone has been through with a
dark brown paintbrush on all the new emerging grown. Even our oak trees
have lost all their leaves.

this week we'll be below average and have some
30F forecasts for a few nights with chances of
rain.

nice day out there now, time to get back out
and dig, but first i have to do the fall crawl
under the house to close up the vents. other-
wise we're heating the outside each time the
furnace kicks on.

I'm spending the day waiting for a piece of ironwork 'sculpture' to be
delivered that I bought down the coast. :-))

i hope folks in Aussieland NSW are being
careful and keeping safe.

Thank you Bird. I've been wondering if David is OK as he's closer to fires
than I am from what I can see on our rfs fire map.

We do have a strong smell of smoke at night here so the wind is spreading
the smoke around all over the place.