Old 21-10-2013, 11:25 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Broadback[_3_] Broadback[_3_] is offline

Default Oh for some cold nights

On 20/10/2013 18:51, Bob Hobden wrote:
"Gary Woods" wrote

Roger Tonkin wrote:

Not wanting to spray, is there any other (easier)
sloution?

Are you opposed to biological controls? Bacillus Thurigensis AKA BT
works
well on the cabbage worms, though they don't curl up and die instantly.
Full disclosu I'm in the Northeastern U.S., and we've only had a very
light frost so far, but the cabbage worms seem gone from the scene.

Whilst I still have some of that in the shed I'm not sure it's available
here any more. Not seen it for a few years. Basically there isn't much
to do much left on our shelves, because the Government demand full
testing costing a great deal of money so it's not worth it for a few
gardeners.

Wanting some cold nights? As the Chinese say, "be careful for what you wish"