Old 21-10-2013, 12:05 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Janet Janet is offline

Default Is this why we do it?

In article , david@abacus-
nurseries.co.uk says...

http://i240.photobucket.com/albums/f...psef39d490.jpg

Well, I've certainly buried a lot of bodies in my gardens over the
years.. all our old pet dogs and cats, deceased chickens and lambs, a
peacock, assorted roadkill rabbits and (most recently) a hare.
They are all buried under some new planting; I like to see some robust
healthy plant and be reminded of a loved pet buried beneath it.

The hare was roadkill I scooped up a couple of weeks back because I
had acquired a rose from a plant sale and wanted a corpse for the
planting hole.

Janet