Old 21-10-2013, 11:28 PM posted to rec.gardens.edible
Farm1[_4_] Farm1[_4_] is offline

Default jack frost

"David Hare-Scott" wrote in message

I'm spending the day waiting for a piece of ironwork 'sculpture' to be
delivered that I bought down the coast. :-))

A big lump of rusty barb wire in the shape of Tyranosaurus Rex?

Nah. An apple made out of horseshoes.

i hope folks in Aussieland NSW are being
careful and keeping safe.

Thank you Bird. I've been wondering if David is OK as he's closer to
fires than I am from what I can see on our rfs fire map.

We do have a strong smell of smoke at night here so the wind is
spreading the smoke around all over the place.

We have not had any dangerous fires nearby but much smoke.

Well that's good news.

I read a blog of someone who, as far as I can make out, is north of Sydney,
Hunterish way 9he makes homemade wine and cheese and lives where that nasty
ground creeping grass that get's into everything [buffalo?] grows) and he's
been posting about his emergency arrangements including a fire 'safe' area
which looks very unsafe to me.