Old 22-10-2013, 03:31 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Baz[_3_] Baz[_3_] is offline

Default Potatoes will not cook properly.

Pam Moore wrote in
:

snip

You haven't lived until you've had an egg explode in the microwave!

snip

I haven't had that but I have had a bottle of homemade elderflower
champagne, in an old screw-top bottle explode in my kitchen, luckily
at around 6 am before anyone was up.
Glass embedded in ceiling, walls venetian blind etc, all over
everything along with the contents of the bottle.
That was about 30 years ago and I have only made it once since!
At least the egg would be contained in the microwave, I assume.

Pam in Bristol

A similar thing happened to my dad, bless him, years ago when I was a lad.
He made some beer from ingredients, not a kit, and put too much sugar into
each bottle(to make it fizz) and the result was explosive. Not as violent
as yours was, thank goodness, but he moved them all into the shed and they
all smashed.
His next attempt was much better, and perfected it over the years. Sadly he
is no longer with us but I sometimes brew mine how he did.

Baz