Old 22-10-2013, 06:34 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default Potatoes will not cook properly.

On 22/10/2013 17:26, David Hill wrote:

Reminds me of when I was a youngster, made a batch of sparkling
elderflower wine, bottled it and put it in the bottom of my wardrobe.
This was up against the wall that had the airing cupboard on the other side.
I had a couple of demijohns bubbling away in the bedroom as well, well a
few months on I went to get a bottle out to try and found it had no
bottom, and the next was the same, in-fact they all had blown their
bottoms off, and with the smell from the brewing I hadn't noticed.

Been there, done that, also with elderberry - also in a wardrobe. I
heard a bang and went to investigate Fortunately, I had used a
screw-top bottle to ferment the wine, so it blew out the bottom of the
bottle. If it had been a bottle with a cork, that would have blown out
and there would have been a fountain of elderberry wine over my clothes!
Still made a mess, though, and stunk for days.

--

Jeff