Old 24-10-2013, 02:39 AM posted to rec.gardens.edible
Ecnerwal Ecnerwal is offline

Default jack frost

In article ,
Steve Peek wrote:

Here in the Western N. Carolina mountains tonight is the night. There is a
freeze warning for the entire western portion of the state. Tomorrow night
will be even colder with a chance of snow. It seems winter has arrived early.
The sweet potatoes were dug last week and I'm off to the garden to check for
any more edibles, especially the chilies.

It's pretty much the same night (or perhaps one night earlier - it was a
bit brisk this morning, and I haven't looked under the covers to see if
things died despite them) ~650 miles North-NorthEast in New England.