Old 24-10-2013, 01:18 PM posted to rec.gardens
brooklyn1 brooklyn1 is offline

Default Ripen Green Tomatoes?

hrhofmann wrote:
hrho wrote:
What is the latest great idea for ripening green tomatoes?

I just want them to get sort of red, then they will go into a big pot on the stove to cook,
et strained thru a coarse strainer and make some great tomato juice or bloody mary mix extender.
reezes up easily to last for many months until next tomato season.

That just wastes them, salad tomatoes are awful for cooking sauce,
they are much too watery. Instead cook fried green tomatoes; dredge
slices in sesoned cornmeal and pan fry... extra can be frozen and
reheated in the microwave. I like to pickle green tomatoes by the
fermentation method, delicious.
http://blog.hippoflambe.com/2009/10/...o-pickles.html