Old 24-10-2013, 12:51 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Baz[_3_] Baz[_3_] is offline

Default Ride on Mower

Emery Davis wrote in news:bcsajcFlho9U1
@mid.individual.net:

On Thu, 24 Oct 2013 09:02:31 +0100, Derek wrote:

I have now got my very large garden, its mainly down to grass, not a
lawn, more of managed meadow, previous owner had a 'ride on'
Recommendations please, (and do any of them collect the grass
clippings?)

If you're serious, look at getting something like this used (and with
more hours, so less expensive):

http://farm.autotrader.co.uk/used-fa...trailers/2006-
iseki-sgx-19-thame-ffpa-8abef27a41a057be0141a670fbdf227f/makemodel/make/
iseki?featuredListing=true

I have one, it is rock solid and cheap to run (can use red), cuts and
collects even tall grass in all weather and has a very big grass box.
The box is important if you collect, because while you're emptying,
you're not cutting...

I had a Countax before, this is worlds better.

-E

I agree.

Have a look at this

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uXf0oQ-AYqY

A very nice machine. I have seen one in action, and with many, many more
hours. Serviced of course from new. The landscape sub-contractor to the
firm I used to work for uses one, street legal so can't use red and needs
MOT and tax. Unless ALL the work is done on private property and does not
go onto public roads.

Baz