Old 24-10-2013, 09:06 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Bill Grey Bill Grey is offline

Default Potatoes will not cook properly.

"Pam Moore" wrote in message
snip

You haven't lived until you've had an egg explode in the microwave!

snip

I haven't had that but I have had a bottle of homemade elderflower
champagne, in an old screw-top bottle explode in my kitchen, luckily
at around 6 am before anyone was up.
Glass embedded in ceiling, walls venetian blind etc, all over
everything along with the contents of the bottle.
That was about 30 years ago and I have only made it once since!
At least the egg would be contained in the microwave, I assume.

Pam in Bristol

Sorry to divert from spuds, but many years ago my bro-in-law was decorating
his kitchen having sent his wife and kids to his M-in-law for a couple of
dys. As a small diversion, in his spare time he decided to make some
blackberry wine ! Fine - mash was fermenting well in the demijohn on the
kitchen table. The ceiling by now was beautifully painted white! A rogue
blackberry was carried upwards in the frothy head in the demijohn and was
jammed in the fermentaion lock. Suddenly, with a slight pop! the blackberry
shot out of the glass fermentaion lock and hit the ceiling making a lovely
purple/pink splodge dead centre of the ceiling......."Oh dear, let's start
again" was his retort.

Bill