Old 25-10-2013, 10:22 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Muddymike[_2_] Muddymike[_2_] is offline

Default Ride on Mower

Hi Mike,

On Thu, 24 Oct 2013 15:30:17 +0100, Muddymike wrote:

Emery Davis wrote in news:bcsajcFlho9U1
:

On Thu, 24 Oct 2013 09:02:31 +0100, Derek wrote:

I have now got my very large garden, its mainly down to grass, not a
lawn, more of managed meadow, previous owner had a 'ride on'
Recommendations please, (and do any of them collect the grass
clippings?)

Have a look at this

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uXf0oQ-AYqY

I agree that looks like a nice machine but so it should at that price!

The price is exaggerated. My neighbour just bought one with 500 hours for
about 3500 pounds. That's comparable with new Hondas and Westwoods, but
much more machine for the money.

I mow about half an acre with a 36 inch cut Mountfield machine I bought

I wouldn't buy an Iseki for half an acre either. I may be wrong but I
read "very large meadow" as being larger than that! At your rate, it
would take me around 6+ hours to mow the lawn, and I've got lots of trees
to go around... (Yes, I do often wonder why I did this to myself... )
With the Iseki I'm done in under 3.

One mans "large" is another mans "normal" depending on where you live.
My first "ride on mower" consisted of three ex RAF gang mowers from a gang
of six, towed behind an old Bamford dumper. Turning circle was a bit of an
issue, otherwise it worked well.

Mike