Old 25-10-2013, 12:51 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default Ride on Mower

On Fri, 25 Oct 2013 10:22:27 +0100, Muddymike wrote:

One mans "large" is another mans "normal" depending on where you live.

Truer words, etc.

My first "ride on mower" consisted of three ex RAF gang mowers from a
gang of six, towed behind an old Bamford dumper. Turning circle was a
bit of an issue, otherwise it worked well.

Working well is the main goal. A gang mower wouldn't work for me, but
it might be an option for the OP.

In the 25 years of doing the lawns here I've been through some changes of
thinking. In the beginning I mulched with a large rotary mulcher pulled
behind a tractor. Looked like hell but was fast, as there were virtually
no plantings at that point. Then I used inexpensive jardipro-type
machines on the theory (wrong) that they were cheap to fix or replace.
Moved through various machines and finally got the Countax with sweeper,
which worked well but was very slow (small capacity box) and also not at
all robust. Based on my 1 year of experience, the sxg19 is by far the
best solution I've come up with.

-E

--
Gardening in Lower Normandy