Old 25-10-2013, 03:18 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Bill Grey Bill Grey is offline

Default Ride on Mower

"Martin Brown" wrote in message
news
On 24/10/2013 21:12, Bill Grey wrote:
"Janet" wrote in message
t...
In article ,
says...

I have now got my very large garden, its mainly down to grass, not a
lawn, more of managed meadow, previous owner had a 'ride on'
Recommendations please, (and do any of them collect the grass
clippings?)

Yes to the latter.Then you need to think of what to do with the
cuttings.

The greenkeeper at our local golf course used to dump his considerable
amount of cuttings in a very large heap not too far from the bowling
green.
No problem except for the bowlers - they had to endure a horrible niff
when
the heap smelled like silage.

Bill

You get used to the smell of fermenting grass silage, but I would not want
it anywhere near the house.

I wouldn't want to get used to the smell in all honesty :-)

I used to feel sorry for the visiting bowls teams who encountered the pong
for the first time.

Bill