Old 26-10-2013, 12:20 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Sacha[_11_] Sacha[_11_] is offline

Default Clematis from Taylors?

On 2013-10-25 16:08:45 +0000, Hugh Newbury said:

On 25/10/13 11:08, Sacha wrote:

Which did you get, Hugh? We got one called Lambton Park from Charlie and
it's one I've recommended to many people. It flowers prolifically and
even now is covered in a mass of fluffy seed heads and that prolongs its
'usefulness' greatly. If you have room for another Clematis, I
recommend it highly.

Sacha, I've bought Flammula and Jouiniana Praecox. I might try your
(Charlie's) Lambton Park next time. Thanks anyway for the idea.

Hugh

C. flammula is *lovely*. We lost our pergola grown one to too much wet
but it's a beautiful Clematis. I don't know the other at all, so I'll
look it up.
--
Sacha
www.hillhousenursery.com

Its a lovely thug
http://www.flickr.com/photos/89219640@N04/9675746535/

Ah - not sure we need a 'thug'! Charlie, will you cut your C.
rehderianas back this year? Ours took so long to grow after that cold
start and has flowered so shyly that I'm wondering if we should best
leave it alone this year? It's a big favourite of mine and I don't
want to risk losing it if it's better left to its own devices.
--

Sacha
www.hillhousenursery.com