Old 28-02-2003, 06:17 PM
zookeeper

Default VF...1 Foot Deep Enough?

Wouldn't it be better to have your deep portion at one side (opposite
the water entry) so that it would be easier to reach for cleaning? You
could scoop out or vacuum the debris, or create a separate drain that
could be opened to flush out the debris (to a plant bed?)
--
Kathy B, zookeeper (OR)
3500gal pond, and thinking

Glenn S. wrote:
I'm planning a vegie filter (VF) for my front yard ponds this spring also
( http://ICanHelp56.homestead.com/index.html ) and was originally planning a
foot deep 'box' with bare roots plants (hyacinth, water lettuce, etc) and
water entry on one end and exit on the other. However, after reading a
portion of your post, I'm reconsidering one aspect of my design. I like
your idea of having 'a slight slant to the middle to collect debris'. I
think my design will now be 12" on the ends and 15" in the center.