Old 26-10-2013, 11:08 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Sacha[_11_] Sacha[_11_] is offline

Default Is this it?

On 2013-10-26 20:31:52 +0100, rbel said:

On Sat, 26 Oct 2013 17:45:39 +0100, Sacha
wrote:

The wind is getting up quite a bit and the sky is very omnibus, getting
a darker grey by the minute. It's hard to tell because the light is bad
but it may be raining on top of the fields on the horizon.

Not here as yet but as we are rather exposed on top of a hill on the
South Devon coast (550 feet up) we are quite used to breezy weather.

The '87 storm brought a number of mature trees down in the wood but at
least our neighbour has had his oaks and beeches topped a bit which is
slightly comforting as they would take out a fairly large chunk of our
living area if toppled by the forecast south westerlies.

It's gone very quiet now, no wind, no rain. The worry with a storm at
this time of year is the leaves are still on the trees and give them
windage. That was the trouble in 1987, too.
--

Sacha
www.hillhousenursery.com