Old 27-10-2013, 10:57 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
David Hill David Hill is offline

Default The approaching menace

On 27/10/2013 20:37, Tom Gardner wrote:
On 27/10/13 20:19, David Hill wrote:
On 27/10/2013 19:57, Christina Websell wrote:
"Tom Gardner" wrote in message
the winds will be 18-21mph mean, gusting to 36-38mph.
Hurricane is 75mph mean and above.

Of course, local conditions may be different, but that's /always/
the case.

Maybe you were here where the wind got up today to 60-?
We have a warning about we are going to get high winds and you might be
lucky if you don't.

Well here around Swansea Bay the wind at the Mumbles gusted to 59mph
or over for 7 hours, with a base speed of 40mph and over for 11 hours.
David

That doesn't surprise me: somewhere 100ft up on the coast is
always going to see more than the 30ft forecast inland.

Yes?
But we are over 300ft above the Mumbles where those figures are from so
chances are we had more than the figures I quoted.