Old 28-10-2013, 08:28 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Bob Hobden Bob Hobden is offline

Default Manure

"Pete C" wrote

A friend has asked me if it's ok to put manure onto flooded ground (2").
Said I don't know, I'll ask.....

Similar problem for me last winter. We garden on clay/silt and didn't have
any manure delivered because the ground was already saturated and I didn't
want more water being held by the wet manure. I wouldn't have been able to
incorporate it in to the soil either and would have done more damage walking
about on the "rice paddy".
--
Regards. Bob Hobden.