Old 29-10-2013, 08:58 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
[email protected] wardjfb@hotmail.co.uk is offline

Default How to kill (lots of) brambles?

On Monday, October 28, 2013 10:53:50 PM UTC, Al N wrote:
Hi all,

I have acquired a piece of scrubland that used to be grassland but is now

becoming bramble-infested. I'm thinking of turning the land into allotments

or perhaps grazing land - anything that relieves me from having to

constantly maintain it. The first job is to arrest the bramble invasion.

Can anyone advise how to get rid of them? I could burn them away, but I

guess they'd grow back, wouldn't they. They root deeply don't they? I can't

get a bulldozer or JCB onto the land (even if I could afford it), as there

is only a narrow gate about 1.5 mtrs wide. Is there a cost-effective

chemical solution?

TIA for any suggestions,

Al

Pigs