Old 30-10-2013, 09:05 AM
kay kay is offline
Registered User

Quote:
Originally Posted by sacha View Post
We have a fig tree in the field which has loads of fruit on it which
has never got to edible size this year and Ray has had one fruit from
it. He doubts they'll go through the winter to ripen in the
spring/summer of next year and suspects our cold spring has affected
our tree, so may well have affected others. Otoh, and this is my two
pennorth, for what i's worth, could the concrete of the planter affect
the tree in some way. I don't know.
Cold spring idea might be consistent with our experience - all our springs are cold ;-) so it may be your fig starts into action earlier normally, whereas ours is about its normal time, and we've had about 120 figs.

Ours has its roots surrounded by concrete slabs, so don't think the concrete is a problem.