Old 30-10-2013, 08:58 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Peter & Jeanne Peter & Jeanne is offline

Default How to kill (lots of) brambles?

"'Mike'" wrote in message ...

I had the same situation with a half acre field/plot attached to a house I
bought in Leicester. No access for anything bigger than the side path to
the house. I cut down the bramble with a Rip Hook then went over it with
one of these whenever anything grew.

http://www.oldlawnmowerclub.co.uk/mo...76-atcorot.htm

Within two years I was grazing ponies on the land.

I then bought one of the houses backing up to the land which had a large
side garden, got planning permission to put a road in and build on it. Now
two blocks of flats :-)

No more Bramble problems :-)

Mike

With half an acre, I think I would have chosen the ride-on version !!

Pete