Old 30-10-2013, 11:18 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
'Mike'[_4_] 'Mike'[_4_] is offline

Default Clematis update

Sorry .......... Ignorant people we are part of the Channel Islands.

Should read ......... Ignorant people 'think' we are part of the Channel
Islands.

Mike

www.hmscollingwoodassociation.com
www.rneba.org.uk
"'Mike'" wrote in message ...

"Phil Gurr" wrote in message ...

"Pam Moore" wrote in message
On Tue, 29 Oct 2013 16:38:48 +0000, Sacha
wrote:

Snip

warehouse over the week end until delivered on Monday. Saturday
delivery also incurs an extra charge and there's usually another to the
sender for delivery in the parts of London where there's a congestion
charge. Large companies sending out dozens or even hundreds, of
parcels per week, can probably dictate terms to some extent, too.

You're lucky! A number of companies will simply not deliver to the
Highlands of Scotland, or will charge an excessive ammount. This is
now becomming apparent in one television advert for a vacuum cleaner
that states that the offer is not available to the Highlands of Scotland.
Come Independance, and the boot will be on the other foot!!! We are
hardly a UNITED Kingdom.

Phil
Northern Highlands of Scotland
.................................................. .......................

Phil we have the same sort of problems with just a few suppliers to the Isle
of Wight. Ignorant people we are part of the Channel Islands. The fact that
we are a PO post Code, Portsmouth, does help in a lot of cases.

Those that DO recognise us as normal and that we DO have Electricity and a
Postman and running water, do very well out of us. I bought a couple of
bulky items on eBay and there was no trouble at all in getting them
delivered at NO extra charge.

'Do we need a passport and what currency do you use?' are genuine questions
when I am in England and I tell people I am from the Isle of Wight.

I wonder if they will understand when the bridge is built.