Old 30-10-2013, 11:18 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default Clematis update

In article ,
Phil Gurr wrote:
"Pam Moore" wrote in message
.. .
On Tue, 29 Oct 2013 16:38:48 +0000, Sacha
wrote:

warehouse over the week end until delivered on Monday. Saturday
delivery also incurs an extra charge and there's usually another to the
sender for delivery in the parts of London where there's a congestion
charge. Large companies sending out dozens or even hundreds, of
parcels per week, can probably dictate terms to some extent, too.

You're lucky! A number of companies will simply not deliver to the
Highlands of Scotland, or will charge an excessive ammount. This is
now becomming apparent in one television advert for a vacuum cleaner
that states that the offer is not available to the Highlands of Scotland.
Come Independance, and the boot will be on the other foot!!! We are
hardly a UNITED Kingdom.

Don't bet on it :-( Historically and currently, the relationship
between the Highlands and Lowlands was and is not dissimilar to
that between the south east and the north of England. Would that
old rogue Salmond change that? Hmm.

But we have agreed before that the privatisation of the ex-Royal
Mail means that you will be able to collect your mail from a
convenient local depot in any of Aberdeen, Perth or Fort William.
What more could you want? :-)

Regards,
Nick Maclaren.