Old 30-10-2013, 06:22 PM posted to rec.gardens.edible
Snag Snag is offline

Default Taters ...and garlic

Derald wrote:
"Snag" wrote:

Oh , and we already have about 12 million trees on our place , only
place left to plant any is the space cleared for our house , garden
, etc .

Oh, I was specifically referencing those "sportsmen" who'll don
their Walmart camo, flood the woods in their shiny new Jeeps, get
"likkered up", and commence shooting one another on the second Sunday
of November -- too bad they're all such lousy shots. There's a world
of difference between those folks and the serious "take only what you
need and leave the rest" hunters among whom I was reared.

But night hunting
can get me
jail time ...

Indeed; and that is as it "should" be, IMO. ...but still, if
you're in your own "back yard" and protecting your garden from vermin
(Bambi-mamma), while the game warden is up at the Dunkin' Donuts,
well....

Kinda hard to hear an arrow from the DD ... I had a conversation once with
a game warden about "defending" my garden from deer . Bottom line is there
better be a good fence . One of my neighbors has built an 8 foot fence
around his garden because they kept jumping over the 7 foot one . I was
kinda surprised I didn't have a problem last summer . Must have been because
I didn't grow any of the stuff they really like .
--
Snag