Old 30-10-2013, 11:19 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Bob Hobden Bob Hobden is offline

Default Walnuts

"Sacha" wrote

Our own fairly young tree produced about 30 walnuts and we had some today.
Normally, I'm not mad about walnuts because they dry my mouth and can
irritate my throat. But these were white and sweet and delicious. A treat!

Two weeks age we had to get two new tyres for our car so, as usual, drove
down to Micheldever Station (the worlds busiest tyre shop). We then went
into Stockbridge and had lunch at the White Hart. Next to where we parked in
their Car Park (the one round the back) was a young Walnut tree and there
were walnuts on the ground so we picked up some. Beautiful, so different to
the dry things one normally buys.
Are there no squirrels in Stockbridge and Landscove? My neighbours big tree,
now gone, never had any drop tom the ground.
--
Regards. Bob Hobden.