Old 31-10-2013, 09:24 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
stuart noble stuart noble is offline

Default Where have all the squirrels gone?

On 31/10/2013 08:26, Bob Hobden wrote:
"Broadback" wrote

I have not seen a squirrel for months. Now I have put up squirrel
proof feeders, but I cannot imagine that would stop them from trying.
I saw that in a thread about walnuts that the squirrels had not been
after them. Have they all been wiped out, or at least decimated by a
disease or prey?

Lucky you, where I sit now I can see a squirrel hanging on one of our
feeders eating the sunflower hearts.

Our bird feeders are deserted now, whereas a month ago you could set
your watch by the regular visitors. Been a bumper year for nuts and
acorns, so maybe they're spoilt for choice.
Not that good for sloes alas. We picked a few pounds yesterday but all
north facing and not very plump. Extra sugar in the gin this year!