Old 02-11-2013, 02:13 PM posted to rec.gardens
[email protected] gus.overton@gmail.com is offline

Default Ripen Green Tomatoes?

On Saturday, November 2, 2013 8:54:15 AM UTC-4, Brooklyn1 wrote:
Higgs Boson wrote:

On Friday, November 1, 2013 5:32:33 PM UTC-7, wrote:

On Friday, November 1, 2013 5:18:45 PM UTC-4, Brooklyn1 wrote:

Remove peel, roll each in waxed paper, twist ends and freeze. Eat

frozen like an ice pop or use in smoothies. I love watching gals eat

frozen bananas.

waxed paper, you say... will have to try. I tried saving a couple bananas couple years ago in the freezer, but one rolled out and future ex wife said it damn near broke her toe!

I wondered about waxed paper too. Why not cling wrap?

would fit more tightly ergo less chance of freezer burn.

If there's a downside, what is it?

For the same reason confections and baked goods are typically wrapped

with waxed paper... plastic cling wrap is apt to adhere/bond... when

removed will pull away part of the banana. Bananas don't contain

sufficient water for freezer burn to occur. BTW, wax is not toxic,

wax is a natural plant/vegetable product. Of course feel free to do

as you want... I hope the rest of your lives isn't as broken/slovenly

as your newreader... what's with all the double spacing? And learn to

clean up your attributions... does your mommy still wipe your ass?

Probably the new GG (?), it sucks ass... does not wipe cleanly.