Old 02-11-2013, 01:54 PM posted to rec.gardens.edible
songbird[_2_] songbird[_2_] is offline

Default acorn squash

Snag wrote:
Acorns are one of our favorites . To bad they weren't more productive
this year , we only got four . Next year though ... we like them split and
the seeds scraped out , then packed with brown sugar and a big pat of butter
and baked . Also pretty good baked with the cavity filled with canned
cranberries not the jelly stuff , the berries .

i just split these and baked them (350F for 1hr)
with a little water added to the pan.

i didn't add any thing else as they were already
so sweet and tasty they didn't need a thing. i'm
trying to avoid added sugars as much as i can these
days (no specific health reason other than the fact
that i feel a heck of a lot better).

ok, time to get to work... got a pile of apples
to turn into apple sauce.

songbird