Old 03-11-2013, 09:04 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
David Hill David Hill is offline

Default It's a rough old day.

On 03/11/2013 00:21, Dave Liquorice wrote:
On Sat, 02 Nov 2013 22:17:55 +0000, David Hill wrote:

I'm not checking anything till tomorrow, but 8 hours with the wind
gusting to 63mph and over ...

Very wise, gusts to 60+ indiacte sustained speeds around 50. At that
level of wind you have to lean so far into it that your center of
gravity can easyly be outside your base area, wind drops you fall
over. Or if you fill like a bit of fun, jump up and land 18" down
wind...

... makes last weeks "Storm" look pathetic.

Quite, I don't see the media hype around this storm that accompanied
last weeks one. Looks to be similar levels of damage, trees down,
power failures, rail disruption, etc.

Was in Hull today, pretty blowy occasional very heavy showers.

The AWS for here (1400' on the North Pennines) has clicked up another
inch of rain, but only just F7 gusting to mid 30's. I think we had
the low track more or less over us so too close for the really strong
winds, pressure down to 981 around 1900.

Radio 4 weather this morning said that it had gusted to 91mph at the
mumbles yesterday.
Today the weather pussy cat is purring gently, the sun is out, fluffy
white clouds and a nice breeze.
What a change.
David @ the side of Swansea Bay where the gods are smiling on today's
"Derby" match Swansea V Cardiff.