Old 03-11-2013, 10:59 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Sacha[_11_] Sacha[_11_] is offline

Default It's a rough old day.

On 2013-11-03 11:35:57 +0000, John Rye said:

Hello All

VERY BIG SNIP

I'm not checking anything till tomorrow, but 8 hours with the wind
gusting to 63mph and over makes last weeks "Storm" look pathetic.
David

Last week's storm was anything but pathetic for those of us who live on the
30 mile wide corridor of peak activity. There were trees down all over the
strip, and some people did not get their electricity back for 5 days because
the local damage was so extensive. I live in Suffolk and lost a large piece
of the large Ash tree in my garden. Some dahlias in the more exposed part of
my garden were broken off at ground level, and a lot of other plants look
distinctly shook up.

It is interesting how varied the weather can be in such a small country.

John

Rough night here again tonight - heavy rain and strong winds. Again.
--

Sacha
www.hillhousenursery.com