Old 07-11-2013, 11:28 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
David Rance[_3_] David Rance[_3_] is offline

Default Where have all the squirrels gone?

On Thu, 7 Nov 2013 Bill Grey wrote:

"Roger Tonkin" wrote in message

In article ,
says...

I have not seen a squirrel for months. Now I have put up squirrel proof
feeders, but I cannot imagine that would stop them from trying.
I saw that in a thread about walnuts that the squirrels had not been
after them. Have they all been wiped out, or at least decimated by a
disease or prey?

Still a few around here, saw a squashed one on the
road today on way into town! They do seem to avoid
gardens where there are squirrel proof feeders,
presumably going for easier pickings elsewhere!

Probably busy stashing up with acorns somewhere else.
I usually get a regular visitor but no sign of him/her yet.

We don't have squirrels in our garden in Normandy so we've brought our
acorns back to Reading for our squirrels here in return for their
generosity in giving us their walnuts!

David